Blog 1. How to Host The Perfect Paint Party
Hosting a party can be very stressful, so we are here to help you plan the perfect paint party with ease!
Step 1. Choose a Painting
This step is so much fun. You can find paintings on Instagram or Pinterest that will be easy to recreate. If you can’t decide on one, you can pick your favourite two paintings and have your guests vote!
Step 2. Invite your Guests
Get those RSVPs in so you can really start planning! Once you know how many people can attend, you can start collecting your materials and deciding on the menu.
Step 3. Gather Material
Items you will need:
- A set of reusable paint brushes. Make sure they are different sizes.
- Paint. Typically at The Studio we send out 5 colours: white, black, red, blue, and white, but depending on the painting you chose you may not need them all.
- A canvas - ideally 12 x 16.
- A palette to mix your paint on. Biodegradable paper plates are perfect for this.
- A table covering to help control the mess!
You can purchase all of these items from your local art supply store or from us here at The Studio.
Step 4. Order Food
Food is the highlight of any party, and for a paint party this is no different. Order in from your favourite restaurant or create your own cheese boards. Our favourite place to order charcuterie platters is from Amazing Graze! You can even curate a menu to tie in with your painting and make it a themed event.
Step 5. Have Fun!
Now that you have all the logistics prepared, it’s time to have fun! Pour yourself a glass of wine and have fun exploring your creative side. Painting is such a great way to bond with your friends and you will all have something to remember the evening with.